Release date: 16th of February 2023 at approx. 19:00 CET.
WorkPoint Event Bus
The WorkPoint Event Bus feature is an optimization tool which helps scale solutions with thousands of users and millions of documents and items, resulting in a large number of events happening in WorkPoint. The Event Bus feature allows these events to be pushed to the Azure event grid for processing. This works by configuring so-called "Event registrations" for which Entity- or Item events are paired with the Azure event grid. In the future, more options for the target may get implemented.
More documentation on this feature will follow in the coming weeks.
Improvements and bug fixes
- The Create Entity WorkPoint API function now has an "asynchronousNoBuffer" for SiteCreationBehaviourEnum. This option will create a site asynchronously without using a buffer site.
- A "Resources form" step has been added to WorkPoint Automate. This form makes it possible to collect entities and items from various sources into one form, and pass data from the items along to another step as a JSON array.
- It is now possible to control rules for which steps of a WorkPoint Automate process should be executed. An example of use could be to skip a specific step in a Create Project process if the budget registered in an Entity Form in the process is less than a certain value. The options allow step to be put on Hold, Skipped, Cancelled, or Failed depending on conditions set for one or multiple execution rules in the "Rules" tab of all steps. You can read more in this article.
- The WorkPoint installer can now be used to uninstall WorkPoint solutions. When a WorkPoint solution is uninstalled, all scheduled jobs are removed, all event receivers are removed, and the WorkPoint app is removed from site collections.
- When a WorkPoint solution is installed using the WorkPoint installer, the system generates a configuration report, which can be downloaded from the overview page of the installer. The configuration report contains information such as the date the solution was created, the account used for creation, solution name, solution owner details, and more.
- Fixed various typographical errors in the WorkPoint 365 interface.
- Fixed an issue where processes available for My Tools buttons were not sorted. Processes are now sorted alphabetically.
- Fixed an issue where the WorkPoint installer did not require information about the country of the solution owner when creating a new WorkPoint solution.
- Fixed an issue where changes to My Tools button settings in once instance were not saved if instance was changed before saving.
- Fixed an issue where field ordering during export of a solution template made it possible when importing for calculated fields to reference a field which had not yet been imported. Calculated fields are now exported last to prevent this issue.
- Fixed an issue where conversion of large files into PDF would sometimes fail.
- Fixed an issue where the WorkPoint Automate Create Item step folder selections did not work for document sets.
- Fixed an issue where default values for managed metadata fields were not correctly passed on from WorkPoint Automate forms.
- Fixed an issue where deleted system processes were in some instances still being executed.
- Fixed an issue where using a wildcard search query on a Lookup column would make the request fail.
- Fixed various issues where creating processes groups from inside the Process Builder did not work.
- Fixed an issue where WorkPoint Automate search forms had no indicator for when searches were still ongoing.
- Fixed various issues related to typing and copy/pasting data in text fields in the Process Builder, where typing/pasting would start from the beginning of the line.
- Fixed an issue where if the stage rendering mode "History" was enabled, the WorkPoint Automate Stage form would not display future stages, making it impossible to transition into those stages.
- Fixed an issue where trying to create a document set with the same name as an existing one would make the process crash, even if "Existing document output behaviour" was set to "Rename".
- Fixed an issue where configuring a Batch Change Step in a WorkPoint Automate process would fail if a sub-stage was not configured. It should now be possible to leave the sub-stage field blank, e.g., if sub-stages are not set up for the specified business module.
- Fixed an issue with incorrect rendering of translated tabs in Search forms in WorkPoint Automate processes.
- Fixed an issue where it was not possible to focus the search tab in a side panel of a WorkPoint Automate process using the keyboard. Shift+Right arrow now focuses the search field in the side panel.
- Fixed an issue where conditions for WorkPoint Automate system processes based on managed metadata- or multi-user fields were not enforced correctly, resulting in system processes running when they should not.
- Fixed an issue where "Technical document" was available as an option in the "Document Options" WorkPoint Automate step.
- Fixed an issue where the "Entity IDs" field on the "Batch Change Stage" WorkPoint Automate step was difficult to use correctly. The field is now called "Entities" and takes an entire array of entities which should have their stages changed, e.g., the "Items" object from the process context.
- Fixed an issue where the digital post status column appeared on all business module lists.
- Fixed an issue where not all settings for security rules based on Entity site list identity scope was saved correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the configuration page for Security rules using Entity site list as Identity source showed some incorrect options in the "Identity display name field" and "Field name" fields.
- Fixed an issue where the link to download the configuration report for a newly installed WorkPoint solution in WorkPoint installer did not work.
- Fixed various issues where the "Send to" menu did not behave as intended, e.g., not showing the available options in the menu, or not showing up at all.
- Fixed an issue where site collection synchronization and creation would fail if the name of the logo file contained whitespace.
- Fixed an issue where clicking the Change Stage button in the stage panel would open the Change Stage wizard instead of a configured Change Stage WorkPoint Automate process.
- Fixed an issue where selections made in WorkPoint Automate steps would sometimes be lost if going back to a previous step in the process.
- Fixed an issue where the labels in the "Copy Entity Form" WorkPoint Automate step were not aligned with their associated options.
- Fixed various typographical errors in error messages for WorkPoint Automate processes.
- Fixed an issue where the "Create Team" step did not work, but resulted in a "Failed to fetch" error due to timing out.
- Fixed an issue where the PDF Conversion API call did not skip if the input file was already in PDF format.
- Fixed an issue which resulted in the My Tools panel exuding some unintended behaviours, such as reporting missing license.