Release date: 27th of April 2023 at approx. 19:00 CET.
Content type hub
The Content Type Hub is a mechanism to synchronize site content types with site fields to SharePoint Site Collections. Due to the significant resource requirements of this process in the WorkPoint Master Site Synchronization/Site Creation, it has been integrated into the Master site synchronization and site creation of one-site collection per entity sites.
Previously when creating a new entity site on a One Entity per Site Collection module, the content types would be synchronized from the master site to the new entity site. Using the Content type hub can improve performance when creating new entity sites, as the action to get the necessary content types from the Content type hub is less resource intensive.
You can read more about the Content type hub in this article.
Improvements and bug fixes
- Various aspects of WorkPoint 365 have been optimized to improve performance of the system.
- Added the "Compress to ZIP file" step to WorkPoint Automate. This step can be used to compress multiple files into a ZIP file and store it in WorkPoint. You can read more about the step itself in this article. You can read an example of use in this article.
- The label shown in the top of the "Home" menu can now be customized from the "WorkPoint Top Panel" settings page in the WorkPoint Administration.
- When creating a dynamic security rule on a business module using the Entity site list identity source, it is now possible to select a list from either the current business module or the parent module, if the current module is a child of another.
- It is now possible to hide the stage pill for entities in the breadcrumb in the top panel. This is done from each module's Entity Presentation settings page in the WorkPoint Administration, and needs to be disabled for each module for which you do not want to see the stage pill.
- It is now possible to force a field to be shown in a form by explicitly setting the "Hidden" property of the field to false in the Process Builder.
- The maximum allowed number of buffer sites per business module has been increased from 50 to 500.
- Fixed various security related issues.
- Fixed various UI and translation issues.
- Fixed various lookup issues.
- Fixed various Cross-module parenting related issues.
- Fixed various Notification Service related issues.
- Fixed various Export/Import Solution Template related issues.
- Fixed various issues related to displaying and using notification service in Microsoft Teams
- Fixed an issue where entity security rules using parent module entity site list as identity source did not work properly.
- Fixed an issue related to timing and caching of security rules.
- Fixed an issue where executing an HTTP request failed if item metadata contained special characters.
- Fixed an issue where the call to get term list using the WorkPoint API only returned the first level of terms.
- Fixed an issue where buttons on the Finish step of a process run from WorkPoint Express linking to an entity or item did not work properly. Note: if you want a button on the Finish step to link to an entity or an item, and the button should work in WorkPoint Express, the link to the entity or item must be the absolute URL of said item. This can be achieved by using an adaptive expression like the following: string("https://wp365test.sharepoint.com" + CreateEntity.wpSite)
- Fixed an issue where changing stage from the stage panel did not work properly.
- Fixed an issue where it was not possible to reference SharePoint groups from the current site for WorkPoint Automate process permissions.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to select deactivated terms when searching for terms using typeahead in a field on a form.
- Fixed various issues with the Copy or Move Documents WorkPoint Automate step.
- Fixed an issue where updating a person- or group field on using a WorkPoint wizard would make that wizard fail on subsequent uses.
- Fixed an issue where the Copy Entity step produced a "One or more field types are not installed properly" error.
- Fixed an issue where it was not possible to export/import a solution across different release rings.
- Fixed an issue where an Entity form with input from the current entity sometimes did not display the entity's metadata properly.
- Fixed an issue where the "Send to" option on Document libraries sometimes did not show up.
- Fixed an issue where the notification service referenced notification types based on term names rather than term ids.
- Fixed an issue where the BufferSitesCreationJob job would sometimes give a "Cannot add field" warning.
- Fixed an issue where the logs of executed scheduled jobs were all empty.
- Fixed an issue where the Create Item step failed with an NullReferenceException when elevated permissions were used in step configuration.
- Fixed an issue where My Tools buttons used to run WorkPoint Automate processes displayed the process title instead of the the name of the My Tools button.
- Fixed an issue where the hidden taxonomy field "wpEmailDirectionTax" had an incorrect title, which caused Master Site synchronizations to fail.
- Fixed an issue where it was not possible to add outputs from multiple steps as step input for the Create Entity step.
- Fixed an issue where Site Collection synchronization would fail if a new theme was applied to the root site.