Please note that the steps below only are necessary if you have a version lower than 188.8.131.52 of the WorkPoint App in your app catalog and site collections.
To find out your WorkPoint App version follow the steps below as you will be shown the version before you make any changes to your solution
- In the Office 365 admin center click on "Admin centers" and choose "SharePoint"
Uploading the new app file to the App Catalog
- In the menu of the left side click on "apps"
- Then click on "App Catalog"
- Now click on "Distribute apps for SharePoint"
Open a new tab in your browser and download the latest version of the WorkPoint 365 app from https://wp365-main.azurewebsites.net/downloads/workpoint365app
- Make sure that you are running a version lower than 184.108.40.206 before continuing this guide. If you already have version 220.127.116.11 or higher you can stop following this guide now, as document search on multi-site collection solutions already is set up for your solution.
- Click on "Upload" to continue
- Click on the "Choose Files" button and select the WorkPoint365.app file
- Make sure that you have "Add as a new version to existing files" checked
Please note that the app file needs to have the same name as the file located in your app catalog
3. Then click on "OK"
- Make sure that you successfully added the new version of the WorkPoint 365 app to your App Catalog
Updating the app in WorkPoint
- Open your WorkPoint 365 solution and click on "Home" to make sure that you are on the root site
- Then click on the cogwheel in the upper right corner and select "Site contents"
- Click on the "..." button next to the WorkPoint 365 app, then click on "About"
- Click on "Request Approval"
- Click on "Request" to continue
Go back into your App Catalog (see the "Uploading the new app file to the App Catalog steps)
- In your app catalog in the "App Requests" section click on "WorkPoint 365"
- Click on "Approve" to finish updating the WorkPoint 365 app file
Please note that you only will have to approve the app once per tenant.