When accessing a SharePoint/WorkPoint solution, you need to enable your local pc to access the SharePoint/WorkPoint solution.
To access SharePoint/WorkPoint document libraries through your Windows Explorer your pc uses the WebDAV technology. This technology is affected by different settings. You have to set up these settings on your local pc.
Internet Explorer Security
- Open Internet Explorer
- Go to Internet Options
- Select Security pane
- Click Local Intranet zone
- Click the Sites button
- Click the Advanced button
- Add the URL for your SharePoint/WorkPoint site to the Local Intranet zone.
- Open Registry Editor
- Locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Services > WebClient > Parameters
- Add a new Multi-String Value named "AuthForwardServerList".
4. Then Right-Click on the Multi-String and choose modify.
5. In the Value data field, add *.example.example.dk
The idea behind this is to explicitly tell WebDAV where to first go
- Open Internet Explorer (see Picture above)
- Go to Internet Options (see Picture above)
- Select Connections pane
- Click the button LAN Settings
- Uncheck 'Automatically detect settings' if checked
Click here if you are a domain administrator you can enforce these settings through Group Policies in your Active Directory.