WorkPoint and WorkPoint Express can now verify, that duplicate entries are not created in the system. The verification happens based on rules you define.
The feature in action
- Right click in WorkPoint Express and choose to create an new company, internal case, project, etc.
Duplicate check wizard
- Click in the Name or address field and type in the company name or Address of the company you are about to create.
- Click Next
- There was a match on the company name.
- You can ignore the match and create a new company or edit the existing company
- Click next
Edit existing company
- Fill in relevant updated information in the fields.
- Click Next.
- A summary of your choices are displayed.
- Click Finish.
Duplicate check from the browser
The feature works exactly the same in the browser.
- Click New Company/Project/Case etc.
- The wizard starts up with the exact same user interface as when it was started from within WorkPoint Express.
Access the duplicate Check settings
- On any given business module click on list settings.
- On the list settings page click on Business module settings.
- In the WorkPoint administration select and expand a business module.
- Chose duplicate check
- In WorkPoint Server, you will find find the Duplicate Settings at the bottom at the business module settings.
- This setting enables or disables the feature on the current business module.
- With operators like AND, Equal and Contains you can set up as complex or simple duplicate check rules as you like.
- A check mark here results in the field being visible on the duplicate check form.
- A check mark in the required field, indicates that the user must fill out the field, when checking for duplicates.