Stage settings, transitions and constraints are managed directly within WorkPoint 365.
- Click on the cog wheel
- Click on WorkPoint administration
Access stage configuration
- From the WorkPoint administration dashboard you have access to the stage settings
- If stages aren't enabled on the module click here.
From the stage settings page, you are able to add and edit various stage related settings.
- You can add a stage
- Add a transition
- And add a constraint
Add and edit stages
- Click on edit to edit a stage.
- Click here if you want to add a stage.
- You can change the name of a stage or add a translation.
- Stage type defines how the stage can be used in conjunction with other defined stages.
- Choose from and to stage.
- Add optional WorkFlow to the transition.
- You can add or edit constraints, to ensure that certain key requirements are met.
- Requirements can be values on the site (metadata) or elements in a list on the site (e.g. documents or tasks).
This constraint checks for a project charter in the document list. The result of the constraint will be a message in the stage change wizard and prevention of stage change if there is no charter.
The other option - constraint source: metadata - is to use metadata from the module site. Simply select a data field and a logical operator (e.g. "equal to"), then enter the value to check against.