We have added the ability to set Created and modified properties on uploaded documents to preserve the original created date. By default SharePoint overwrites created date when a document is uploaded to SharePoint.
Lets start by activating this behavior.
Access WorkPoint Express Settings
- In WorkPoint Express, click the "Menu" button and select "Settings"
Access Behavior Settings
- Click on the Behavior pane
Change Behavior Settings
- Select Time stamp behavior. Then click the "Close" button to save the changes
There are three available options
- Always - Original time stamp is preserved and modified data is changed
- Never - Original time stamp is overwritten with the time stamp of the upload action
- Ask - time stamp can be preserved or overwritten depending on your selection
Required site permissions
The time stamp functionality requires that a super user performs the following changes to site permissions in SharePoint/WorkPoint.
- Go to Permission Levels.
- Select the relevant permission level.
- Select this permission and save the changes.