When accessing a SharePoint/WorkPoint 365 solution, you need to enable your local pc to access the SharePoint/WorkPoint solution.
To access SharePoint/WorkPoint 365 document libraries through your Windows Explorer your pc uses the WebDAV technology. This technology is affected by different settings. You have to set up these settings on your local pc.
Internet Explorer Security
- Open Internet Explorer
- Go to Internet Options
- Select Security pane
- Click Local Intranet zone
- Click the Sites button
- Click the Advanced button
- Add the URL https://*.sharepoint.com to the Local Intranet zone.
- In the Internet Options click on Local intranet and then on Custom level ...
- Enable the "Websites in less privileged web content zone can navigate into this zone" option, then click on OK
- Open Internet Explorer (see Picture above)
- Go to Internet Options (see Picture above)
- Select Connections pane
- Click the button LAN Settings
- Uncheck 'Automatically detect settings' if checked
- Open Chrome
- Go to Settings
- Click on "Show advanced settings" and choose "Content settings"
- Make sure that the "Block third-party cookies and site data isunchecked if it is unchecked you can continue with the "Web Client Service" below. If the "Block third-party cookies and site data" is checked which can be the case because of company policys, click on "Manage exceptions"
- Enter "https://wp365-main.azurewebsites.net", choose "Allow" and click on "Done"
Web Client Service
- Open Services on local computer
- Locate Web Client service
- Configure this service to start automatically
This also ensures that you can open document libraries with your Windows Explorer.
SharePoint uses the WebDav protocol to manipulate documents from within Windows Explorer and the Web Client Service is required for this to work properly.