Follow this tutorial to setup the WorkPoint 365 multi Site Collection feature.
This guide requires that you have a running WorkPoint 365 solution which includes the Multi Site Collection feature in its license.
Installing the WorkPoint 365 app to the App Catalog Site Collection
- Open your App catalog Site Collection
- Click on the cogwheel on the top right corner
- Click on "Add an app"
Choose the WorkPoint 365 app
- Click on the "WorkPoint 365" app
Giving consent to the WorkPoint 365 app
- Click on "Trust It" to give the necessary consent to the app
Note that you are not installing WorkPoint 365 on the App Catalog Site Collection, you only add the app to deploy it to the other Site Collections. Please also note that the name of the app depends on the release setup you have chosen.
Automatic site deployment setup
- Click on "..." and choose "Deployment" to auto install the app to open the Autmatic site deployment settings. all WorkPoint 365 sub Site Collections
Please note that those steps automatically add's the app to all sites with the /sites/ URL prefix on your tenant.
Configuring the Business module Site Collection settings
- Open up the "WorkPoint Administration" with clicking on the cogwheel in the top right corner and then click on "WorkPoint Administration"
Note that you have to be a tenant administrator to complete this step.
Choosing the Business Modules for the multi Site Collection feature
- Choose the Business Modules on which you want to activate the multi Site Collection feature by clicking on their "..." button
- Click on "<BUSINESSMODULENAME> General Settings"
Configuring the Business Module Site Collection settings
- Tick the "Activated" checkbox to activate the multi Site Collection feature for this Business Module
- Set the "Maximum numbers of sites" for the Site Collections of this Business Module (a new Site Collection will be created as soon as the number of sites is getting close to this value)
- Set the "Maximum storage consumption" for the Site Collections of this Business Module (a new Site Collection will be created as soon as the size of Site Collection is getting close to this value)
- Set the "Server Resource Quota" for the Site Collections of this Business Module
- Click on "Save"
Note:If you at this step see the following error message in the WorkPoint Administration, it means that you have activated multi site colleciton on a module, but there hasn't been created a new site collection for it to use yet.
Creating Site Collections
- Click on "Site Collection Administration" to manage the Site Collections for this solution
Giving consent to the WorkPoint 365 Site Collection creation job
- Click on "Accept" to give consent for WorkPoint 365 Site Collection creation job to create Site Collections
Choosing the right Solution
- In the Dashboard of the "Site Collection Administration" choose your Root Site Collection
- Then click on "Create Site Collection" Note that you have to be a tenant administrator to perform this action
Entering the settings for the new Site Collections
- The "Title" and the "Relative URL" field are already filled out by default and we recommend that you keep those values unless you necessarily have to change them.
- Here you can enter a description for the Site Collection you are creating. Note that this is field is optional.
- Enter a value for the "Server Resource Quota". Note that this value depends on factors like: number of users, volume of data, number of data, etc, we recommend 50 as default.
- Click on Create
Wait for the Site Collection creation job to finish
- Wait for the Site Collection creation job to finish. Note that this process can take up to 15 minutes.
Confirming the setup
- Click on the "Dashboard" button in the left menu and choose your WorkPoint 365 Root Site Collection under "Solution".
- If this line appears you have successfully applied the WorkPoint 365 Multi Site Collection feature to your solution.
You can test your setup with creating a new item on the "Company" Business Module. The site of the item should have an URL like "/sites/pkmulti_0/Company3" in this example.