In this tutorial you will learn how to install our Microsoft Office add-in WorkPoint Express.
Please note that if you use Email Manager in your Solution you will have to use the "Scripted Installation Guide" to also install WorkPoint Journalize flag.
The Scripted installation guide can be found here.
PLEASE NOTE about Microsoft Office 365 updates: WorkPoint recommends that you have your Office 365 set to the "Semi-Annual Channel". This means that Office 365 will be receiving updates twice a year. If your Office 365 is set to "Monthly Channel" some features in WorkPoint Express might not work correctly. You can read more about Office365 update channels here.
Determining the Microsoft Office Edition
- In Microsoft Word click on the "File" menu
Opening the Account settings
- Then click on "Account" button
Opening About Word
- Click on the "About Word" button
Verifying the installed version 32bit/64bit of Microsoft Word
- The last part of the Microsoft Word version number indicates that this is the 32bit edition of Microsoft Office installed on this computer
Downloading the appropriate WorkPoint Express setup file and copying the SolutionID
Open your WorkPoint 365 solution in your browser
- Click on the cogwheel in the top right corner of your screen to expand the settings menu
- Click on "WorkPoint Administration"
Opening the WorkPoint Express download section in WorkPoint 365
- Click "here" to access the WorkPoint Express download section
Downloading WorkPoint Express and copying the Solution ID
- Download the WorkPoint Express setup matching your Microsoft Office version
- Copy your Solution ID
Installing WorkPoint Express
When the download has completed run the WorkPoint Express installation software.
- Click on "Next" to proceed with the installation
Inserting the WorkPoint Solution ID
Use the keyboard shortcut combination CTRL + V to paste in the previously copied Solution ID
Confirming the installation
- Click "Install" to confirm the installation of WorkPoint Express
If prompted by the Windows operating system, click "Yes" to allow the installation
Finishing the installation
The installation of WorkPoint Express has completed.
- Click "Finish" to close the installation wizard