NOTE: This guide is for WorkPoint 365 version 220.127.116.11 or earlier. The Wizard configuration interface and functionality has changed with version 18.104.22.168
The WorkPoint Express email wizard is used for capturing emails and filing them on WorkPoint entities, e.g. a project or a case.
It works by activating the wizard from an icon in the Outlook ribbon:
When selecting an email in your inbox and clicking the icon, the wizard starts.
What happens is that WorkPoint searches for the senders email in a specified module. If it finds a hit, the result will look as above. Here, the system has detected Andy's email address related to the company "Wilson Sports Equipment". The system lists the projects related to this company. Now the user can select an existing project or even create a new one.
If we choose to create a new project based on the email from Andy, we will get the following screen:
You will get a form similar to a normal project creation but note that the system has lifted the email subject and the email content and put the information in the "Title" and "Description" fields. You can fill in remaining fields and click "Save" which will bring you to the following screen:
- Pick the library in which to file the email and select a folder if applicable.
- Note that this email contains no attachments. Attachment would also be saved just the same way as the email itself.
- Clicking the three dots allow you to edit the email properties before saving
When saved you can now find the project and the emails filed.
Configuring the wizard
The wizard is configures using the configurator in WorkPoint365 administration
- Choose the wizard type.
- Set a title. This is the name that will appear on the icon in the Outlook ribbon.
- Choose the business module where you want to be able to create entities based on the email.
- Choose the business module where the system shall look for email addresses. Make sure there is an email field on the module and that it is mapped as such in the field mapping setting for the module.
- Define which field to copy email subject
- Define which field to copy email body content.
Restart Outlook to get the icon in the ribbon.