Article last updated on the 17th of June 2020.
1. License information overview
In WorkPoint 365 you can see your solutions license information in the Administration module by navigating to the menu item "License Information". The screen will display information as per the image below.
Explanation to the points:
- General customer information.
- Name: customer organization name
- Partner: name of the WorkPoint Partner
- Primary Contact: responsible for the solution
- Technical Contact: the technical responsible for the solution
- License displays the type of license, as well as information about user counts. The "Add more" links leads to an order form where more licenses can be ordered. The "View users" links displays a list of user names and their last access date. The licensed business modules and site collections refers to the numbers included in the WorkPoint license package (Basic, Business or Enterprise). Please refer to the current price list for further information. Activation time is the date the license is activated. If there is an Expiration date the license is a trial and will expire at that date.
- Solutions lists the solutions related to the license. Only Enterprise licenses can have multiple solutions. An Enterprise license by default includes two solutions, but more solutions can be purchased to an Enterprise license.
- The features list below the general information provides an overview of the available features, clearly marked if they are included in the license. If they are not included a link is displayed for purchasing the feature.
2. Extended license information
Extended License Information makes it possible to view all active licenses on a WorkPoint solution. This feature is a free service, and can be unlocked by contacting WorkPoint Support at email@example.com.
3. Disabling an active user
It is possible for customers to disable an active user, which releases that user's license. This license can immediately be used by another user. This is useful if e.g. an employee leaves the organization, and is being replaced by a new employee. The former employee's license can be released, and can immediately be used by the new employee.
To disable an active user's license, follow these steps:
- In the "License information" page, for "Normal users", click "View users".
- Click "Disable" for the user you wish to disable.
- The "Disabled" status applies to users which have been disabled by the above mentioned process.
- The "Inactive" status applies to users which have not been active for 60 days.
- Inactive users can be disabled just like active users. Click "Disable" to disable the inactive user.
Note that if a user is disabled, only WorkPoint can enable the user before 60 days after last access/activity.
Also note that disabled users can be re-enabled 60 days after last access/activity.