Article last updated on the 22nd of November 2022.
From the Site Collection Administration, administrators are presented with a site collection overview per WorkPoint solution. The administrator can select which solution to review, and can also create new site collections on the selected solution.
Site Collection Administration can be accessed from the WorkPoint Administration:
- Click the "Home" button of the solution.
- Click the cog icon to access the WorkPoint Administration.
- In the site panel of the WorkPoint Administration, click "Site Collection Administration". This opens the Site Collection Administration page:
- You can use the filter options to narrow down your search for specific site collection to find information about:
- Filter on Business Module: Select a business module on which to look for site collections.
- Filter on Site Collection status: Select a site collection status. The results will be shown in the list below the filters options.
- Filter on Server Relative Url: Type in the relative server Url of the site collection you are looking for, e.g., "/sites/anm0026_Projects5".
- The results of the search based on the filter options are displayed in the list. It shows information about the site collection(s), such as site count, storage usage, and status.
2.1. Creating a new Site Collection
This section describes how to create a new site collection from the Site Collection Administration.
- To create a new site collection, click the "Create Site Collection" button. This opens the Create Site Collection page:
- Input a title for the new site collection.
- Provide a relative URL for the new site collection.
- Optionally add a description to the new site collection
- Set a maximum storage level in gigabyte for the new site collection
- Optionally set a Server Quota for the new site collection.
- Click the "Create" button to create the new site collection.
Creating the new site collection takes the user to the following page:
From this page, the user can view the progress of the creation of the new site collection. They can also start a Site Collection Maintenance job from here.
2.2. Enabling Site Collection Buffer
On the Site Collection Administration page, you can enable site collection buffer.
This is done by clicking the "Enable Site Collection Buffer" button:
- Click the "Enable Site Collection Buffer" button to enable the functionality.
2.3. Starting Site Collection Maintenance Jobs
WorkPoint operates with two different types of site maintenance jobs, which performs different tasks at specific days and times in an attempt to disrupt normal usage of solutions as little as possible.
One of the jobs is a relatively short job which performs tasks necessary for the system to perform optimally. This job is run once every day at about 2 AM.
The other job is a weekly job which performs some of the more performance heavy operations. This job runs once every week on Saturdays at about 6 AM.
Here is a short description about what the two different site collection maintenance jobs do:
Daily site collection maintenance job:
- Provision Bucket site collections is needed
- Synchronize Site Properties for bucket site collections, but only for the ones that are currently assigned to business modules for site creation.
- Synchronize SharingCapability, but only if it has been changed on the root site collection.
Weekly site collection maintenance job:
- Clean up site collections in the database. This operation checks if site collections in the database exists. If not, it sets the site collection's status to "Deleted". It also checks if deleted site collections in the database exists. If so, it sets the site collection's status to Ready or InUse.
- Synchronize Site Properties for all bucket site collections.
In addition to these jobs running on a set schedule, they can be started manually from the Site Collection Administration page in the WorkPoint Administration:
- In the Site Collection Administration page, click the "Site Collection Jobs" button.
- To start one of the Site Collection Maintenance jobs manually, use the buttons at the top of the Site Collection Jobs page.