Article published on the 14th of January 2020.
From the Site Collection Administration, administrators are presented with a site collection overview per WorkPoint solution. The administrator can select which solution to review, and can also create new site collections on the selected solution.
Site Collection Administration can be accessed from the WorkPoint Administration:
- Click the "Home" button of the solution.
- Click the cog icon to access the WorkPoint Administration.
- In the site panel of the WorkPoint Administration, click "Site Collection Administration". This opens the Site Collection Administration page:
- In the top left, the currently selected solution is displayed. This is dependent on the selected solution in pt. 6.
- In the top right, the logged in user is displayed.
- Use the "Solution" drop down menu to select the WorkPoint solution which site collections you wish to administrate.
Note that the solution selector drop down menu only displays solutions on which the logged in user is set as Administrator. The selector covers the entire Office tenant.
- Click "Create Site Collection" to create a new site collection on the selected solution.
- In the Site Collection overview, you can view all site collections on the selected solution, as well as additional information.
- The "Refresh" button can be used to refresh the Site collection overview.
2.1. Creating a new Site Collection
New Site Collections can be created on the selected solution by clicking the "Create Site Collection" button below the solution selector:
- To create a new Site Collection, click "Create Site Collection" below the solution picker. The Site Collection will be created on the selected solution. This opens the following page:
- Input a title for the new site collection.
- Provide a relative URL for the new site collection.
- Optionally add a description to the new site collection
- Optionally set a Server Quota for the new site collection.
- Click the "Create" button to create the new site collection.
Creating the new site collection takes the user to the following page:
From this page, the user can view the progress of the creation of the new site collection. They can also start a Site Collection Maintenance job from here.