Article published on the 16th of January 2020.
In the Journalization Settings page, administrators can set up if automatic journalization should be enabled, and which rules it should follow.
The Journalization Settings page can be accessed from the WorkPoint Administration:
- Click the "Home" button of the solution.
- Click the cog icon to access the WorkPoint Administration.
- In the left side panel, click the "Email Manager" menu item to expand it.
- Click "Journalization".
2.1. Automatic Journalization
The settings under "Automatic Journalization" includes a toggle for enabling and disabling automatic journalization altogether. It also includes settings for which fields to look at when deciding to automatically journalize e-mails.
- Toggle on/off Allow automatic journalization to enable or disable the feature.
- Check "Include incoming emails" to make the system journalize incoming emails.
- Check "Include incoming emails" to make the system journalize outgoing emails.
- Check "Include delivery receipts" to
- Check "Include read receipts" to
- Check "Include emails with private flag" to make the system journalize emails tagged with private flag
- Check "Include emails with confidential flag" to make the system journalize emails tagged with confidential flag
- Select which fields of an email that the system should look at when deciding to automatically journalize incoming emails. If email addresses in these fields are recognized by the system, the email will get journalized in the journal of the email address owner.
- Select which fields of an email that the system should look at when deciding to automatically journalize outgoing emails. If email addresses in these fields are recognized by the system, the email will get journalized in the journal of the email address owner.
2.2. Journal email not allowed/always allowed
- Click the "Add email" button to add email addresses to a lists "Journal email not allowed" and "Journal email always allowed". Emails using an address found in "Journal email not allowed" will never be journalized automatically. Emails using an address found in "Journal email always allowed" will always be journalized.
Note that the "Journal email always allowed" addresses overrule those of "Journal email not allowed.
This means that if the same email addresses appear in both categories, journalizing will always be allowed.
The interface for adding email addresses look like the following:
- Enter an email address in the "Email" field. Alternatively, a RegEx expression can be entered, such as "*@andersonbustombikes.com". Using an asterisk before the email domain will include all email addresses on that domain. In this example, all email addresses using the @andersoncustombikes.com domain will be included. Fore more information about RexEx expressions, we refer you to this page (external link).
- Click the "Confirm" button to add the email address / RegEx expression.
- Click the "Cancel" button to cancel the action.
2.3. Automatic journalization for journals
- In the "Automatic journalization for journals" section, users can search for journals and enable or disable automatic journalization for each journal. Select the business module to search for journals in.
- Type in a search query to find journals.
- Click the "Search" button to start the search.
- Select a journal from the list of search results.
- Click the "Disable" button to disable journalization for the selected journal.
- For previously disabled journals, you can select one from the list of disabled journals. Click the "Enable" button to re-enable journalization for the selected journal.
Do not forget to click the blue "Save" button in the bottom of the page to save any changes made to the setup.