Article published on the 20th of January 2020.
If automatic archiving is enabled, the archiver makes emails available for journalization. Add email rules in the controls below to control specifically what emails do or does not get archived automatically by Email Manager.
The Email Manager Archiving page allows administrators to create criteria for when emails are allowed to be automatically archived.
Emails matching the "Archiving not allowed" criteria will not be included in the automatic archiving process. Users may still manually archive these mails from WorkPoint Express.
Criteria in the "Archiving always allowed" list specify emails that should always be archived by Email Manager. These emails overrule the 'Archiving not allowed' email criteria.
- Click the "Add criteria" buttons to add criteria for either list.
- Select the condition to use for the criteria. Available options are:
- Write an email query to target individual or multiple email addresses. This can either be an individual email address in the form of: email@example.com, or it can be all emails from a certain domain like example.com in the form of *@example.com.
- Click the red "X" to remove a condition. A criteria must always contain at least one condition.
- Click the "Add condition" button to add additional conditions to the criteria.
- Click the "Confirm" button to confirm the creation of the criteria.
- Click the "Cancel" button to cancel the creation of the criteria.
In the following example, two criteria have been set up:
Emails from, to, and cc'ed to every email address on the @workpoint.dk domain has been restricted from archiving.
One email address, however, is excluded from this rule - the firstname.lastname@example.org address. In this way, the archiver will not archive any emails coming from, going to, or cc'ed to any workpoint email addresses, except email@example.com.