Article published on the 24th of January 2020.
The Email Manager Audit Log stores information related to the usage of Email Manager.
Examples of information which can be located in the audit log would be Journal entries, and sharing settings updates.
This information can be used for review of what has changed and who has changed aspects of the data stored in Email Manager.
2. Usage of Email Manager Audit Log
- For "Operations" select which types of results should be returned in the search results. Examples are "Journal.Emails.Insert" and "Metadata.Update". think of these as event types which can be tracked using the Audit Log.
- Enter a start date for the search
- Enter an end date for the search
- The search can be narrowed by the Login name of the user who triggered the event searched for.
- Search results can be narrowed by making an entry to the "Information" field. An example if information could be "Journal name". This would return search results for which there is information about the journal name of the event.
- If searching for events where values were changed, the old value can be searched for by typing it into this field.
- If searching for events where values were changed, the new value can be searched for by typing it into this field.
- Select a maximum number of results to be returned by the search.
- Click the "Search" button to begin the search operation.
In the following example, we have performed a search for journal email insertions, in the time scope 1st of July 2019 to the 31st of January 2020. We have selected to have 100 results returned:
- Click "Expand" to display more information about the search result.
- Click "Copy Values" to copy the values for the search result.