Article published on the 17th of January 2020.
In the Email Manager Settings page, users can set up rules for pending emails, internal domains and options for adding meta data fields to emails.
The Email Manager Settings page can be accessed from the WorkPoint Administration:
- Click the "Home" button of the solution.
- Click the cog icon to access the WorkPoint Administration.
- Check "Allow creation of folders in journals" to allows users to manually create sub-folders of Email Manager journals. These folders can be used for manually journaling.
- In the "Pending check" section, emails can be set up to follow one or more criteria for when emails should be visible in the "Pending emails" view in WorkPoint Express. Please note that changes to these settings only affects future emails. Click the "Add Criteria" button to add a criteria.
- Internal domains determines the direction of an email. An email direction can be either incoming or outgoing. If no internal domains is provided, Email Manager will determine if an email is outgoing based on the type of sender address. If emails are wrongly flagged as outgoing, you can input all known company domain names in this control. Only emails where the sender address belongs to one of those domains will be flagged as outgoing. If you make any changes to the internal domains, an update job will be started that will update the email direction on all existing emails based on the new settings. Click the "Add domain" button to add a domain to the internal domains list.
- Metadata fields allow emails to contain extra data. For example, can be used to assign categories to emails, provide description fields or add automated numbering sequences to emails.
- Click the "Add new metadata row" button to add a new meta data row.
- Enter a name for the new metadata row.
- Select if the metadata row should be hidden
- Select if the metadata row should be mandatory, meaning that users are required to fill in information in this field.
- Select a Type for the metadata row. Available types are:
- Short text
- Long text
- Short data
- Long date
- Single choice
- Multiple choice
- WorkPoint Sequence Number (requires a numerator sequence to follow)
- Select a sorting number for the row. The higher the number, the further below the list of rows the row will appear.
- Views can be used to provide a better overview of emails. Click the "Add view" button to add a new view.
- Provide a name for the new view.
- Select for which business module this view should be applicable.
- In this example, two conditions have been set up. These check the "From" field on emails, and if they match wither "firstname.lastname@example.org" or "email@example.com", the view will display the emails. Conditions can be removed by clicking the red "X". Conditions can be added by clicking the "Add condition" button.
- Click the "Confirm" button to create the configuration.
- Click the "Cancel" button to cancel the creation of the configuration.
- Views can be edited by clicking the "Edit" link for the view. They can be removed by clicking the red "X".
- Click the "Save" button to save any changes to configurations on the Email Manager Settings page.