When working with projects, cases, or other such business areas, easy access to an informative overview of people working in collaboration is important. Having easy access to people working on the same project frees up resources for work in other essential areas.
WorkPoint’s People Webpart draws data directly from the current entity. Depending on how the webpart is configured, the webpart shows people working on the same project, case, or other such business case.
The configuration of this webpart is detailed in the Configuration section. As an end user, the selected users to show are shown in list form, with their name, the name of the field speficied in the configuration, and picture presented, as shown in the image below:
There are currently no requirements related to this feature.
In order to set up a People Webpart, follow these steps:
- On an entity site under editing, click the "Add a new webpart"-button to add a new web part.
- Choose the WP365 – People webpart from the list of available web parts.
- Click “Configure web part”
- Optionally add a header for the webpart to show on top of the list of people
- Choose from which fields the system should fetch people to show in the list (the webpart starts showing people as fields are chosen in the configuration).
- Click the “Publish” or “Republish” button on the page to finish configuring the webpart.
The result after configuring the webpart should be a list of people such as the one in the image below:
Note that the representations of the people arrange themselves into columns, should the number of people to show exceed what can be presented in the height of the webpart.
4. End user guide
As an end user, the list grants a quick and informative overview of the people working on the current project or case.
Hovering the cursor over a person in the list will produce a window showing additional contact information, as well as a “send an email” icon, which opens the browser’s preferred email client to send an email to the person. This window is shown in the image below:
Please note that this feature should not be used on the root site of the solution. It should instead be used on individual entity sites.