WorkPoint Express can journalize not only individual e-mails but also e-mail threads. Threads are e-mails that are connected through a series of responses back and fourth between two or multiple conversationalists. E-mail threads are visible in WorkPoint Express e-mail lists by a small plus-sign at the e-mail icon for each email. A WorkPoint Express user can choose to view e-mails as single e-mails or as “conversations”. By default, emails are sorted by the "Received" column, with the latest mail on top. This helps in more efficiently journalize multiple e-mails and helps minimize errors in journaling.
This feature is currently only available in WorkPoint Express.
In order to set up an e-mail library in WorkPoint to be able to show e-mails as conversations in WorkPoint Express, a certain column needs to be created on the e-mail list in WorkPoint. This column is called “Conversation index”. In order to do this, follow these steps:
- In WorkPoint Express, click the three dots in the top panel.
- Click the “Settings”-menu item.
- In the WorkPoint Express settings window, navigate to the “System”-tab.
- Navigate to the “E-mail List Configuration”-tab of the System-tab.
- Select the “WorkPoint Email” content type.
- Copy the value in the “Internal field name” column of the Conversation index row. This is the name that we need to provide the new column in the E-mail library in WorkPoint.
From here, we need to switch over to WorkPoint inside an internet browser.
- In the E-mail library on the master site of the business module for which you want to set up journaling of e-mail threads, click the cog-icon in the stop right corner of the page.
- Click the “Library settings”.
- In the Email Settings page, click the “Create column” button under the “Columns”-section.
- Paste the copied internal field name from pt. 6 into the “Column name”-field of the new column and select “Multiple lines of text” as the type of the column.
- Please all other settings at default values, and click the “OK”-button to complete the creation of the column.
In some cases you might get the option to have the contents of the column be "Rich text" or "Plain text". In that case, select "Plain text".
The next step we need to do is to replicate this new column onto the e-mail libraries on the business module through a master site synchronization. Follow these steps:
- In the WorkPoint365 Administration, click the header of the business module for which we set up the column on the e-mail library.
- Click the “Master site Synchronization”-menu item.
- On the Master Site Synchronization page, under the List Sync Customization section, uncheck everything but “Emails”.
- Click the “Synchronize all”-button.
Master site synchronization may take a while depending on the number of sites that are being synchronized. Please allow the system to perform the operation uninterrupted and do not shut down the system. The progress of the master site synchronization can be viewed by refreshing the list in the bottom of the page.
- After restarting WorkPoint Express, a new icon appears in e-mail libraries. This is the “Show As Conversations”-button.
The business module in question is now set up to display e-mails as threads in WorkPoint Express.
4. End User Guide
Click here to go to the end user guide article for Journaling of e-mail threads.