Article last updated on 9th of September 2019.
The Buffer Sites feature creates a defined number of temporary sites. The temporary sites are used when new entities are created.
The result of using the Buffer Sites feature is that sites get created much faster than without the feature.
A use case for when this feature could be useful is if a company regularly creates new projects with associated sites on their solution. They can enable the Buffer Sites feature in order to quickly be able to create projects with sites, which helps quickly start work on a new entity.
There are currently no requirements associated with the use of this feature.
Configuration and setup of the Buffer Sites feature can be done from the WorkPoint Administration:
- Click the "Home" button of the solution
- Click the cog icon in the side panel to access the WorkPoint Administration
- Click the header of the business module for which Buffer Sites should be set up.
- Click the "Buffer Sites" menu item
- Check the "Buffer sites enabled?" checker on to enable the feature.
- Check the "Handle ContentType Visibility" if you have more than one content type in libraries on the buffer sites where not all of them are set to visible. This setting sets all content types to visible.
- Define how many buffer sites there should be created e.g. 10 (Note that whenever a Buffer Site is used to create e.g. a Project site, a new buffer site is immediately created to maintain the maximum number of available Buffer Sites.). If you expect that there will be created a lot of entity items you can increase the initial number of buffer sites or increase the number at a later time.
- Click the "Save" button to finalize the configuration. This will also make the system start creating buffer sites.
You will be taken back to an overview of all business modules of the solution. A green bar displays the message "Success: The buffer sites settings for Projects was updated.":
Existing Buffer Sites can now be viewed in the Buffer Sites configuration page:
Please note that whenever a Buffer Site is used to create e.g. a Project site, a new buffer site is immediately created to maintain the maximum number of available Buffer Sites.