Article last updated on the 5th of March 2021.
The Quick Journalize feature of WorkPoint Express allows users to quickly journalize e-mails from Microsoft Outlook in specified lists on WorkPoint solutions.
The advantage of this feature over simply dragging and dropping an email into a library directly in WorkPoint Express is that other solutions than the active one and the exact entity to journalize to can be easily identified and selected.
2. User Guide
The Quick Journalize allows you to search for and select an entity on which to journalize e-mails and attachments. It also allows you to take advantage of the Suggestions provided by the WorkPoint system.
In this section, we will exemplify both the search and suggestions functions in the Quick Journalize feature.
The Quick Journalize function is accessed from the WorkPoint Express ribbon section in Microsoft Outlook:
- Click the "Quick Journalize" button to use the feature.
- The "Mail Items" list shows if there are any attachments in the selected e-mail.
- In the Search section, you can select on which business module to search for an entity to journalize the e-mail and attachments to.
- Optionally, you can select a view on the business module list to search for entities in.
- In the search query field you can type in a search query to search for an entity. In this case, we search for "Quax".
- The results of the search are shown in the list below the search panel. You can double-click the results to expand the entity and select a specific library in which to journalize the selected e-mail. Alternatively, you can select an entity with the up- and down arrows on your keyboard. Entities can then be expanded and collapsed by pressing the right and left keys on your keyboard respectively.
- Click the "Journalize" button or Press "Enter" on your keyboard to journalize to the currently selected location.
In this example, we select the "Quaxi Inc" entity from the search result list and click "Journalize. The result is that the e-mail(s) is journalized in the Emails library on that entity:
- The e-mail has been journalized in the Emails library of the "Quaxi Inc" entity.
2.2. Using suggestions
The Suggestions feature in Quick Journalize helps users easily and intuitively select the correct location for journalizing e-mails and attachments. When selecting to journalize e-mails using suggestions, the user is presented with a set of options for where to journalize the e-mail.
These suggestions are based on a set of properties. An example of these properties could be where the user have previously journalized e-mails, and from whom those e-mails were sent. The system is also able to return suggestions based on field mapping setups, e.g. Active Field Mappings and return suggestions from entities based on those setups.
These properties are then weighted in order to provide what the system believes are the best suggestions first, i.e. the system presents the suggestions with the highest weight in a descending order.
You can view the suggestions by switching to the "Suggestions" setting in the Quick Journalize window:
- In the Quick Journalize window, switch from Search to Suggestions by clicking the "Switch to Suggestions" button.
The window will now show suggestions as to where to journalize the selected e-mail:
The first element is automatically selected, and the list can be navigated using either the mouse or the arrow keys on your keyboard.
Double-clicking a library or pressing Enter on the keyboard starts the journalize process.
3.1. Affecting suggestions for journalizing
The suggestions provided by the WorkPoint system when using the Suggestion engine in Quick Journalize can be affected by settings as well as behaviors by users.
Entities can be suggested based on field-mappings, such that entities marked as "Active" and which are defined as a user's entity (related to "My entities" mappings) are shown as suggestions. To read more about field mapping, visit this article.
Suggestions can also be based on where the user have previously journalized e-mails and items. These suggestions are show locations where e-mails have the same sender or receiver as the e-mail being journalized.
The order in which suggestions are presented depends on the weight of the suggestion according to the following:
- How long time has passed since the previous journalization - The shorter the time, the higher the weight.
- How many e-mails are journalized on the location - the more e-mails journalized, the higher the weight.
- Have previous e-mails on the location been journalized manually - the users' own manual journalizations are weighted higher than other people's manual journalizations.
Note that for suggestions based on previous journalizations, the system looks at the entire e-mail address of the senders and receivers(internal users and e-mail addresses excluded). Therefore, these suggestions will kick in only when e-mails have been sent or received from specific e-mail addresses.
How the system weighs field-mappings and previously manually journalized e-mails can be adjusted in the WorkPoint Express settings by moving the following sliders: