Article last updated on the 6th of November 2019.
2. User Guide
When this feature is set up, the Automatic journalization after send feature makes it possible to automatically journalize e-mails after they have been sent from Microsoft Outlook.
2. User Guide
This feature is used when sending e-mails as normal, or when sending e-mails to entities in WorkPoint Express:
2.1. Journalize after send to Entity
In this example we will send an email to contacts on a business module entity.
- In WorkPoint Express, right-click an entity to which you wish to send an e-mail.
- Click the "Send E-mail..." menu item.
This opens the "Send E-mail" window:
- Decide whether to send single e-mail or individual e-mails (see this article for more information about individual e-mails).
- Optionally select a body text template to use for the e-mail.
- Select which of the entity related people should receive the e-mail.
- Click the "Send E-mail..." button.
- The recipients chosen in pt. 5 are added to the e-mail recipients.
- The user can compose the body of the e-mail. If a template is chosen in pt. 4, it will be inserted here.
- To send the e-mail, click the "Send" button.
The e-mail is being sent, and the following "WorkPoint Express Pending Items" window opens:
- The .msg file contains the message of the e-mail sent.
- The .msg file can be dragged and dropped onto e.g. an e-mails library on an entity in WorkPoint Express.
In this example, the .msg file was dragged from the "WorkPoint Express Pending Items" window onto the Emails library in pt. 11. The result is the journalization of the e-mail in that library, as shown in the following image:
2.2. Journalize after send from Outlook
In this example we will send an email from Microsoft Outlook and journalize it in a WorkPoint library through WorkPoint Express.
- Click the "New Email" button to start composing a new e-mail.
- Add the recipients of the e-mail.
- Optionally add a subject to the e-mail.
- Note that this e-mail as a document file attachment. This is to illustrate that this feature also allows the journalization of attachments.
- Compose the body text of the e-mail.
- When ready, click the "Send" button to send the e-mail.
This opens the "WorkPoint Express Pending Items" window, which lets the user journalize the .msg file containing the body text of the e-mail:
- The .msg file can be dragged and dropped onto e.g. an e-mails library in WorkPoint through WorkPoint Express. In the following image, the .msg file has been dragged from the "WorkPoint Express Pending Items" window onto an Emails library of an entity in WorkPoint Express:
- The e-mail has been journalized in the Emails library.
After having journalized the .msg file, the "WorkPoint Express Pending Items" window progresses to allow the attachments to be journalized:
As with the .msg file, the attachments of the e-mail can be dragged and dropped, and thereby journalized, in e.g. a documents library in WorkPoint through WorkPoint Express. When dragged to a library, the following window allows the user to set properties for the document being journalized:
- When necessary properties have been set, click the "Ok" button to journalize the document. Once complete, the document is journalized in the library:
- The document has been journalized in the Documents library of the entity.
This feature, once enabled, allows the automatic opening of the "WorkPoint Express Pending Items"