Article last updated on the 20th of December 2021.
2. User Guide
When this feature is set up, the Automatic journalization after send feature makes it possible to automatically journalize e-mails after they have been sent from Microsoft Outlook.
2. User Guide
This feature is used when sending e-mails as normal, or when sending e-mails to entities in WorkPoint Express:
2.1. Journalize after send to Entity
In this example we will send an email to contacts on a business module entity.
- In WorkPoint Express, right-click an entity to which you wish to send an e-mail.
- Click the "Send E-mail..." menu item.
This opens the "Send E-mail" window:
- Decide whether to send single e-mail or individual e-mails (see this article for more information about individual e-mails).
- Optionally select a body text template to use for the e-mail.
- Select which of the entity related people should receive the e-mail.
- Click the "Send E-mail..." button.
- The recipients chosen in pt. 5 are added to the e-mail recipients.
- The user can compose the body of the e-mail. If a template is chosen in pt. 4, it will be inserted here.
- To send the e-mail, click the "Send" button.
The e-mail is being sent, and the Quick Journalize window opens:
- In the "Items" section of the Quick Journalize window, we can see the e-mail which was just sent.
- In the "Destinations" section, we can browse the active WorkPoint solution and find a suitable location to journalize the e-mail to. In this case, we select the "Emails" library in the "Buildron Inc." company.
- To journalize the e-mail, we can simply click the "Journalize" button.
For more information on how to use the Quick Journalize feature, please visit this article.
The e-mail will now be journalized in the selected location and can be inspected and opened in WorkPoint Express:
2.2. Journalize after send from Outlook
In this example we will send an email from Microsoft Outlook and journalize it in a WorkPoint library through WorkPoint Express.
- Click the "New Email" button to start composing a new e-mail.
- Add the recipients of the e-mail.
- Optionally add a subject to the e-mail.
- Note that this e-mail has a document file attachment. This is to illustrate that this feature also allows the journalization of attachments.
- Compose the body text of the e-mail.
- When ready, click the "Send" button to send the e-mail.
This opens the Quick Journalize window, which lets the user journalize the e-mail file containing the body text of the e-mail, including the file attachment:
- In this example, we have added destinations to the items in the "Items" section of the Quick Journalize window. The e-mail message file (.msg) is set to be journalized to the Emails library of the "Buildron Inc." company.
- The file attachment from the e-mail is set to be journalized in the Documents library of the "Buildron Inc." company.
- We can click the "Journalize" button to start journalizing the items to the selected destinations.
Once the items are journalized, we can view them in WorkPoint Express: