Article last updated on the 6th of November 2019.
The WorkPoint Express plug-in allows users to use Microsoft desktop applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint as an intuitive, powerful interface for their WorkPoint solution.
WorkPoint Express features a series of navigational aspects. These will be discussed in detail in the following sections of this article.
2. User Guide
This user guide will discuss various aspects of navigating WorkPoint Express.
2.1. WorkPoint ribbon in Microsoft Outlook.
Once WorkPoint Express is installed, a ribbon item in Microsoft Office applications appears:
- The "Show Sidebar" button will toggle the WorkPoint Express side panel on or off. The WorkPoint side panel is the interface between Microsoft Office and the WorkPoint solution and most of WorkPoint related work is done form the side panel.
- The "Quick Journalize" button will open the Quick Journalize function of WorkPoint Express. This allows for quick journalizing of e-mails in WorkPoint from Microsoft Outlook.
- The "E-mail Overview" button opens an overview window of e-mails.
- The "Documents Overview" button opens the Documents Overview window. This window allows the user to search for documents on the WorkPoint solution.
- The "Disconnect" button disconnects WorkPoint Express.
2.2. Collapsing / expanding WorkPoint Express side panel
Once the "Show Sidebar" button in pt. 1 is enabled, the WorkPoint Express side panel can be expanded and collapsed by clicking arrow on the left side of the window:
- Clicking the arrows will expand the WorkPoint Express side panel.
- When the WorkPoint side panel is expanded, the arrows will collapse the side panel.