Article last updated on the 3rd of January 2022.
Office 365 Groups is a service that works with the Office 365 tools that you use already so that you can collaborate with your teammates when writing documents, creating spreadsheets, working on project plans, scheduling meetings, or sending email.
WorkPoint Express supports Office 365 Groups and allows members of groups to inspect content such as documents associated with their groups.
2. Accessing Office 365 groups in WorkPoint Express
Office 365 groups can be accessed in WorkPoint Express in the following way.
- In WorkPoint Express, click "Connected to..." to select what to connect WorkPoint Express to.
- Select the option for groups configured for your WorkPoint Express solution ID. In this example the option is simply called "Groups", but it could be called something differently on your solution.
WorkPoint Express will now connect to your tenant and show the various groups you have access to:
- In the drop down menu, we can select which group on the tenant we want to explore content from. In this example, we select the "General Contract - Buildron" group.
- If we select a library or list on the selected group, we can see the documents and/or other items in the Contents section. We can also search for content or use views to filter content as usual in WorkPoint Express.
3. Accessing a group's Teams channel
Office 365 groups can be combined with Microsoft Teams sites. Once such a connection is established, a group's Teams site can be accessed from WorkPoint Express:
- Click the three dots icon for the group.
- Expand the "Open Team Channel in Browser" menu item.
- Click the menu item for the Teams channel you wish to access.
In this example, these steps open the Groups Teams channel called "General":