Article last updated on the 6th of November 2019.
Office 365 Groups is a service that works with the Office 365 tools that you use already so that you can collaborate with your teammates when writing documents, creating spreadsheets, working on project plans, scheduling meetings, or sending email.
WorkPoint Express supports Office 365 Groups and allows members of groups to inspect content such as documents associated with their groups.
2. Accessing Office 365 groups in WorkPoint Express
Office 365 groups can be accessed in WorkPoint Express in the following way.
- Click the "Office 365 Groups" section button in WorkPoint Express.
- Select the tenant on which the group id located. Please note that this drop down menu is not displayed unless more than one tenant is registered in the settings of WorkPoint Express.
- Select the group you wish to inspect
- Content such as document libraries can be accessed by expanding the "Documents" section. Documents folders refers to folders in the Group's SharePoint documents library.
- Document folders and can be accessed from the "Documents" section.
- Content in the documents folders can be accessed from the Contents section of WorkPoint Express.
3. Accessing a group's Teams channel
Office 365 groups can be combined with Microsoft Teams sites. Once such a connection is established, a group's Teams site can be accessed from WorkPoint Express:
- Click the three dots icon for the group.
- Expand the "Open Team Channel in Browser" menu item.
- Click the menu item for the Teams channel you wish to access. Both menu items will take you to the Teams site for the group.
In this example, these steps open the Groups Teams channel called "General":
- Note the channel "Test channel". This channel is also available in WorkPoint Express.