The behaviour of WorkPoint Express (WPE) is controlled by the settings. Some of these are managed by the users, some are managed bys system administrators. Below is a guide to the usage.
To get to the settings. go to WPE and click on the three dots at the top. From here select "Settings".
The settings page will look somewhat like this.
- Navigation tabs
- Individual connections to WorkPoint or SharePoint solutions. This list will most often be empty. Here you can set up connections to different solutions using the buttons below
- Checking this box will display solutions common to all users - often there will be just one site, which would be the WorkPoint solution for your organisation
- Buttons for setting up more connections
Clicking the "behaviour" tab and you will see this:
- Opens WPE when Outlook starts. Uncheck this and WPE is closed and pushed to the right
- This opens WPE in windows suchs as emails - i.e. when you create a new mail, WPE sidebar opens in the mail window.
- When you want to see properties (e.g. on a document), you can have it displayed in WPE or in a separate pop up window.
- If you often need to edit properties you can check this so properties always are displayed when you select an item, e.g. a document. It will grey out if 3 is checked.
- If you have more views than on document lists, this setting determines whether default view always is displayed first. NOTE
- When adding a document list or folder as a favourite, this setting will display the path to the folder in reverse (e.g. Folder 3 - Folder 2 -Folder 1 - Documents)
- When you drag and drop an email to WPE, it will by default create a copy. If this checkbox is checked, it will be moved to WPE (hence deleted from your inbox).
- This setting applies to Email Manager:
- Force the use of WebDAV technology for edit document. As it is old technology do only use this if you have to. WorkPoint does not provide support for this.
- This setting determines what happens when you double click on a document in WPE.
- This setting determines if the property window should open after upload of a document to a document list.
- This setting determines if the property window should open after upload of an email to an email list.
- This setting applies to Email Manager: It determines if the Email Manager property window should open after upload of an email.
- By default SharePoint overwrites created date when a document is uploaded to SharePoint. This setting allows for setting created and modified properties on uploaded documents to preserve the original created date. More information here.
- Chooses the language of WPE - "Default" selects the MS Office langauge in use.
- This setting opens a pop up after an email is sent. The floating pop up makes it easier to drag and drop the sent email to WPE. Alternatively you must find the email in your "sent items" folder to journalise it.
- When 17 is selected, you can also drag documents to the related document list via the pop-up window using this setting.
- Tags emails in your inbox when they are journalised in WorkPoint.
- Determines the speed the content loads in WPE when connected to SharePoint.
- as 20, when connected to WorkPoint Server (on-premise).
- as 20 when connected to WorkPoint365.
- When selected this setting hides any lists on the site that are not present in the WorkPoint tab web part.
This tab is where you can manage the behaviour of the WorkPoint modules.
- Click the solution you want to manage
- Check the business modules you want displayed in WPE and change the order of appeareance.
- For each business module check what to show and whether the content should be expanded or not and change the order of appeareance.
This setting applies to Email Manager. The system can provide suggestions for where an email should be journalised. You can adjust the suggestions weight here.
This setting manages the connection to the WPE datastore.
Settings on the system page is mainly for administrators and configurators and requires system knowledge.
- Access control tab is used to set the access rights via an Active Directory Group.
- Here you can determine and map the fields on the email lists on the sites. Map teh email fields to the fields in SharePoint (WorkPoint).
- Same as 2, but for Outlook contact cards, allowing the user to drag and drop contact cards to create WorkPoint contacts.
- Smart file handling allows large files to be streamed to a network drive instead of stored in the database.
- Use this setting to create smart custom links to use when right-clicking on a business module site.
- For use when integrating WPE into Dynamics NAV or AX
- The system administrator can manage the users selections on "Behaviour" tab (see above) by locking or unlocking settings on this page