The “Send e-mail” feature of WorkPoint Express can be run in two separate modes; “Single e-mail” and “Individual e-mails”. If an email is sent using the “Single e-mail” mode, a single email can be sent to one or more recipients at once. If emails are sent using the “Individual e-mails” mode, special e-mails tailored for each recipient can be sent at once. This means that the contents of each email can contain certain information in relation to the recipient, which makes the e-mail more personal to the recipient.
2. Use Cases
2.1. ESDH: Send e-mail to case parties
One wishes to send an e-mail to all case parties related to a case through the Relations module. All case parties should receive an individual e-mail containing “Hello name…” as well as meta data from the case. There should, furthermore, be attached a declaration of consent from a template in which the case parties names are automatically filled in. All e-mails sent should be journalized on the case.
2.2. HR: Send replies to applicants
One wishes to handle all job applications in a recruitment module in WorkPoint. Each applicant is added as a child of a specific recruitment and one wants to automatically send out individual e-mails to all chosen applicants containing attached documents with further information.
2.3. Tender processes
In relation to a tender, a contractor asks a question which all contractors must see and give an answer to. Contractors who bid on a tender can be related to a tender through the Relations module, and through this function individual messages can be sent to each contractor in one and the same process. Each of these messages can contain attached documents from the tender site. At the same time, this will be documentable, as all sent e-mail correspondence is journaled automatically.
This feature requires the use of WorkPoint Express. Therefore, a valid WorkPoint Express license is required.
Furthermore, this feature requires a WorkPoint Enterprise license.
WorkPoint can use this feature to send about 40-50 individual e-mails at once. Sending more than this is generally not supported by WorkPoint.
A couple of settings in WorkPoint Express are relevant for this feature. To access these settings, follow these steps:
- In WorkPoint Express, click the three dots icon.
- Click “Settings” to access the WorkPoint Express Settings window.
- In the top of the WorkPoint Express Settings window, access the “Behavior”-tab.
- In the “Send E-mail (requires WorkPoint)-section, the “Contributions”-checkers defines where to pull contacts from when sending e-mails.
- Select whether automatic journaling should be activated or deactivated for e-mails sent with WorkPoint Express.
5. End User Guide
In order to utilize the “Send individual e-mails” mode of “Send e-mail” in WorkPoint Express, follow these steps:
- In WorkPoint Express, right-click an entity for which members you wish to send e-mails.
- Select “Send E-mail…” from the menu.
- In the “Send E-mail”-window, select “Individual e-mails”.
- Select a body text template to use for the e-mail. For more information about how to set up templates with mail merging, please visit this link.
- Optionally attach documents to the e-mails that will be sent. You can either drag-and-drop documents onto the attachment field or add one from a template.
- Select which users from the entity to send individual e-mails to.
- Click the “Preview and Send E-mails…”-button to preview and send the e-mails.
- In the “Preview and Send E-mails”-window the arrows can be used to scroll through the generated e-mails to see a preview of each one.
- Note the data that have been pulled from both the used template (the subject line) and the entity (the recipient). Attachments will also be displayed here.
- A preview of the e-mail with merged fields is shown.
- Click “Send E-mails”- to send out the e-mails or click “Cancel” to cancel the sending of the e-mails.
Please be advised that sending out multiple e-mails can take a while. Please allow the system some time to complete the operation and do not shut down your system while the job is running.
For more information about how to set up templates with mail merging, please visit this link.
WorkPoint can use this feature to send 40-50 individual e-mails at once. Sending more than this is generally not supported by WorkPoint.